10 Quick Tips On How To Be Great At Time Reporting
Good project management starts with a review of the mistakes that were made in the previous project. Identifying areas of improvement, particularly in time reporting will help you stay on track for all future projects. Here are ten quick tips that will help you be great at time reporting and time management.
10 Tips on How to Be Great at Time Reporting
1. Create a plan for the project – Merely identifying the tasks associated with a project and allotting deadlines may not be sufficient. You may have to create more detailed day-to-day plans as you go along.
2. Give clear deadlines – Time reporting is also about having clear deadlines. Understand from your team members the amount of time various tasks are going to take and then give a specific deadline for each task.
3. Use Outlook calendar – Outlook calendar is not merely a personal management tool that you can use to schedule meetings and appointments. It is a powerful time reporting tool that you can use to schedule tasks, track status of various projects and set up reminders for missed deadlines.
4. Be organized – Outlook calendar can be used to have an overall picture of where you stand on different projects and what tasks are to be completed when.
5. Learn to be firm – If in the course of time reporting you notice that employees are taking more time than they should for certain tasks, provide them with the extra training and assistance they need to be able to complete the tasks in time. Else the project as a whole will be affected.
6. Keep early deadlines – Never leave deadlines too close to the actual finishing date. If a certain task has to be finished by a particular date, make the deadline a few days, even a week before. As your time reporting experience will tell you, you can never say when some unexpected problem can turn up.
7. Use time reporting to tune out distractions – For example, time reporting may reveal how employees are made to attend customer calls when they are working on other projects, distracting them in the process. Use this to tune out distractions for employees.
8. Learn to prioritize – Use time reporting to understand what tasks take more time and prioritize them so that they get finished in time.
9. Eliminate tasks that waste time – Time reporting will enable you to see how often employees answer emails or phone calls while working on a customer project. Allot specific time for answering customer emails or phones so that they can focus the rest of the time on the project.
10. Use a time reporting tool – Powerful time tracking and time reporting tools such as TimeSheet Reporter are not only easy to use but integrate well with familiar software such as Microsoft Outlook. This helps employees work more efficiently and not miss out on reporting registered hours. TimeSheet Reporter also improves the overall productivity of a business making it more profitable and competitive.
How To Continue From Here - What You Should Do NowPlease read on…
- The Challenge and the Solution
- The Math - ROI
- TimeSheet Reporter Screenshots / Video
You may also be interested in this info: