Time Tracking with Outlook – SIMPLE Solution
The nature of time, without getting too philosophical, is paradoxical, and so is our relationship with it. Time is a commodity that is freely available, and yet, it is limited. It is intrinsically infinite and yet we know what it means when we’d like more of it. To track time means to manage time, to manage a resource that is available in equal measure to everyone. Productivity is essentially linked to time, and efficiency is impossible without having a handle on time.
Who Needs to Track Time, and Why?
With the a lot of people working from home regularly, and perhaps more and more people connected online daily than meeting face-to-face, even for essential reasons, it is more crucial than ever to track our time and see that it is not wasted when everything is reduced to digital bytes and clicks on a keyboard and mouse and swipes on a screen.
For a long time the modern workplace has been a a digital workplace. Employees working in an organization, from staff on daily wages to departmental heads to CEOs, all must spend a good chunk of their time on computers doing similar things, punching in numbers, sending emails back and forth, researching, and so on. There are also businesses where employees do not work fixed hours, as well as businesses where clients are charged by the hour and a project’s timeline needs to be reported in terms of accurate and specific numbers.
Time tracking (with Outlook, for example) allows everyone to be at ease. Without an accurate understanding of time and our place in the race against the clock on most days, we are a bit lost – either rushing against invisible deadlines or slacking off and allowing ourselves just a bit more of free time than we can afford.
Time Tracking with Outlook for Optimal Organization
From what we have discussed so far, it is clear that a lot of businesses and organizations are right to consider time management as the backbone of their entire operation. Businesses need good work, but they also need punctual work, timely work, revisable work, dependable work, and, in many cases, quick work.
By tracking time with Outlook, your organization can optimize its workflow with the touch of a button: It lets you keep a handle on the resources being utilized in any given time, gives dates for deadlines and deliverables with great accuracy and confidence, as well as help employees keep their eyes on the clock, know their own speed and ability much better, and help them not be overworked. All in all, time tracking with Outlook saves your employees from the dangers of being overworked and keeps them productive and happy according to most modern management theories that value the importance of consciously measuring work in terms of time.
The Benefits of Time Tracking with Outlook
An organization will find that it can have an endless number of good reasons to implement time tracking. With Outlook, the process becomes so automatic that the perceived cost of implementation of a timesheet system can be minimal or immaterial, and the application of such a system immediate and hassle-free.
The need is for a solution that pairs so nicely and so easily with Outlook to transform it into a multi-tiered management tool. Time tracking with Outlook’s calendar using a software or a plugin especially geared to bring out the maximum benefits from this process, is one of the best things a business can do for itself and its employees.
Essentially, time reporting with Outlook becomes a vital instrumental when you think about it in terms of the company and the employees and the relationship they share. Getting control – or just a simple overview – of internal projects and your clients’ projects, monitoring progress for different areas and tasks with different departments, teams, and employees, as well as the immensely useful motivational aspect of it, are all just some of the reasons you should do time tracking within your Outlook calendar and then using something to create that collected data into information.
Let’s delve a little deeper into it. Time tracking with Outlook’s calendar makes a lot happen that you would not have thought possible.
- Getting the real numbers on how time flies: Tracking time with Outlook turns time into a palpable, visually represented aspect of daily work life. Hard data that can be converted into meaningful information through charts and reports is instrumental in interpreting any number of conclusions and make all sorts of plans and decisions for business. The process is simple: using a solution that seamlessly integrates with your Outlook calendar to create timesheets, easily presentable, easily interpreted, and easily made.
- Trimming the fat when it comes to idle time: When the numbers are plain to see, decisions can be more easily made. Research has shown that psychological change takes place at a very fundamental level in humans: simply recognizing and understanding the problem, such as acknowledging procrastination and intellectually knowing the mechanics of how it works, is often enough for people to easily move away from it, having installed those “pathways” in the brain.
- Motivate your employees to keep their eyes on the prize: With gamifying everything being all the rage these days, for your employees to have the stats in front of them allows them to want to be better and do better themselves.
- Making the most out of what you have: Time tracking with Outlook is something that is cost-effective and immediate because of Outlook’s widespread usage. Companies and organizations all over the world are using the Office Suite products. To have a time tracker to use with Outlook and its calendar means to achieve exponential benefits, building on something already available at hand, by means of something that is designed to integrate seamlessly with Outlook and give you the exact benefits that you need, if not more.
Why Should Your Business Go for Time Tracking in Outlook?
We have already discussed time reporting and why time tracking with Outlook is the quick, easy, and extremely powerful solution: you will start to be able to make important, informed, and intelligent decisions, armed with authoritative knowledge that will directly improve your business and facilitate your employees.
The weak link and any disparity between the business and employees that exists in terms of deadlines, idle time, inefficiency, poor turnover, and mismanaged projects will all disappear easily through this. Monitoring projects, assigning resources, and even how days are spent become much easier when you are using Outlook for your timesheet reporting.
Work inefficiencies can thus be eliminated by time tracking with Outlook; a tool that seams to minimize the gap between you and the information you want – specifically, one that transforms the data it collects from Outlook’s calendar and creates timesheets, provides flextime solutions, and allows you to share data between systems.
This also addresses discrepancies. Keeping a record of how time has been spent will easily give you an undisputed overview of your activities, and in which areas you have spent time.
How Can You Make the Most Out of Tracking Time with Outlook?
The principle of least effort is something that is most attractive to most of us; do less and accomplish more, or the Pareto principle, where 20% of the work gives 80% of the bulk of the results.
Your existing solution is made powerful and empowered to do what your business needs it to do through an Outlook plugin for tracking time. With the stats already presented, chances are you did not even need us to tell you just how important Outlook is: when your business already has something that is capable of being transformed into such a master management tool, why not go for it?
This allows your business to grow in a way that does not require any overhauling, any interrupting, any disruption, or any change in the regular flow of things. In fact, in most cases it only compounds growth and lets the benefits blossom side-by-side as work continues as usual. This is the power of time tracking with Outlook, and why your business needs such a solution that can integrate with it and turn your problems into solutions.
Time tracking with Outlook is not just something very interesting in principle, but supremely easy to implement and manage. It beats the paperwork, strain and effort of trying to do something similar manually, as well as allows for multi-tiered solutions to various complex problems, giving your project planning a huge boost and your business a much more streamlined direction and clearer goal-setting objectives and methods. It also works efficiently for the purposes of cost-allocation and salary disbursement, and much, much more.
How To Continue From Here - What You Should Do NowPlease read on…
- The Challenge and the Solution
- The Math - ROI
- TimeSheet Reporter Screenshots / Video
You may also be interested in this info: